IAEA Nuclear Security e-Learning Modules
IAEA's Division of Nuclear Security developed an e-Learning suite based on the IAEA Nuclear Security Series to provide all staff with nuclear security responsibilities or interested members of the public with a basic understanding of nuclear security principles. You can find out more about IAEA's Nuclear Security e-Learning in the General Conference 2022 (GC66) presentation. Currently, the following modules are available:
* Available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Introduction to nuclear security culture *
- Introduction to the international legal framework for nuclear security *
- Introduction to and overview of IAEA Nuclear Security Series publications *
- Overview of nuclear security threats and risks *
- Radiation basics and consequences of exposure to radiation *
Nuclear security of materials and facilities
- Categorization of radioactive material *
- Introduction to radioactive sources and their applications *
- Nuclear material accounting and control (NMAC) for nuclear security *
- Nuclear security threats and risks: material and facilities *
- Physical protection *
- Preventive and protective measures against insider threats *
- Transport security *
Nuclear security of material out of regulatory control
- Nuclear security threats and risks: material out of regulatory control *
- Nuclear security detection architecture awareness *
- Radiological crime scene management *
- Introduction to nuclear forensics *
- Use of radiation detection instruments for front line officers *
Information and computer security
- Information and computer security *
- Nuclear security threats and risks: cyber threats *
- Security of nuclear information *
- Conducting computer security assurance activities *
To take the e-Learning, you will need to create a free NUCLEUS account or log in if you have an existing one. You can do so using these 3 easy steps.
Learners receive a certificate after completing each module (and passing a final test, if applicable). Your certificates remain available under your account, but they may also be downloaded as a PDF or printed for one's records. Here are 3 easy steps to show you how it works.
If you experience any problems, please refer to the frequently asked questions. If the problem persists, you can simply report it using the 'user support' feature available in each course area.
If you would like to be notified when new modules and translations are made available, please subscribe here.